Wednesday 6 June 2012

the setup wobble of faith!


Usually my titles are somewhat shoddy but THE SETUP WOBBLE OF FAITH seems quite a good one. This is on the subject of when you skate like a twat, and begin to doubt your board. Like I have been doing a little lately.

So I get one run in before the racing at peep. I like to take a bit of time to get into the hill and the whole being on a skateboard thing. I put a coleman in near the top. My board doesnt really slide and I come off. I try again with the same result. Im trying to get my back knee down as much as I can but it doesnt seem to help and I mess up a couple more times. I just about keep my feet on the board into Carnage Corner. Im skating like a wanker, and its very, very annoying not getting a chance to go for it when I know im not going to have a chance to skate much that day. I need to know that i'll be able to slide in order to start bombing a bit.

F-F-F-FAILLLLLLLLLLLL

So yeah after that for the past few days, i've been turning various things over in my head.

1.)  Maybe it was my board being so high?
2.) Maybe these racey cults are just not my thing?
3.) Maybe a topmount board doesnt suit me?

But all of this is kind of bollocks, because at the end of the day most of my skating is down to er... me. Sure a lower, friendlier board might be worth trying some time, and it might turn out to suit my skating a bit better. But much underated is the ability to man up and just go skate what you have. Once I get back into it, the fun will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment