Friday 10 August 2012

.

Downhill skateboarding is a fucking stupid thing to enjoy. How incredibly silly that the major thing that I enjoy is skateboarding down hills, whilst living here.

We have found tescos cack hill, which contrary to the name is not a hill. It is a slope. It is cack. If you push like FUCK you can get enough speed to just about pendy a slide back. If you are on classics. I found a hill vaguely nearby but it is a bit shit looking really. It's just far enough away that I cant skate to it, it needs a spotter and its just a little bomb down to a slide on a screwed up surface. Skating a hill that needs a spotter on your larry is not going to be fun/any good.

And then, I'm constantly hearing stuff from the olympics coverage, such as (to paraphrase)

"So yeah I loved this sport so I just kept on doing it"

Such phrases provoke reactions from me that can be described as despair, irritation, annoyance and other such unfortunate things. I cant go skate a hill whenever I want. I get to skate a hill every two weeks (ish). This is utterly sickening. I cant find the same enjoyment from other stuff, as much as i've tried, I'm here to skate hills.

You get to skate hills whenever if you live in bristol, london, on the coast, down in cornwall, in wales, east, everywhere where I know there are scenes. Except here. The unfairness of this is something I just cannot get over. Why can I not go skate a hill whenever I want? I'd be there all the time. I want to be getting on it, like everybody else is. And I cant.

Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment