Friday 16 November 2012

Scrabble is war

Scrabble is war. Almost.
 
Scrabble is a series of battles, waged across a landscape, where pieces of a whole are manoeuvered into position. Various provocations can and will inevitably occur. Calculations have to be made as to how and when to escalate the conflict. To strike into the double word scores and deal a grievous blow upon the enemy, knowing full well such an action would demand-no, necessitate a response? To combine high value letter with triple word score in an almost grotesque show of contempt for any sense of fair play?
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
There is a bit of a joy with playing music out loud in a room. I've only just discovered the full novelty of it. The funny thing is, the quality is worse than that of my regular Ipod Shuffle to headphones due to the medium of sound delivery (enthusiatic but poor quality television speakers), but somehow it doesn't matter. Selecting a disc, and immersing oneself in the music, of however questionable quality, is quite marvellous. The music becomes a part of the room, rather than as with headphones it seeming just a soundtrack to reality.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I have not had a monday morning feeling since I can remember. Monday is like Tuesday, Tuesday like Wednesday, and Wednesday like all the rest. I cant decide whether overall, I prefer the week to the weekend. During the week, for the most part, I have a clear focus on doing something productive (college), and I am constantly reminded that I am doing something productive, because its in front of my face all day.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
When the eff did I start becoming a bit cack at saying stuff? When I'm writing, as here, thoughts formed are so much more easily communicated than with the whole "saying stuff" thing. Take the phrase "thoughts formed". I dont think I'd even be able to think of such a way of phrasing my sentence. I would say something along the lines of "fings that I fink of".
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
As it happens, writing is a bloody good way of not thinking. Avoiding the tetris stack up of thoughts. Hence this post dragging on as it did with such sparse material. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
will

No comments:

Post a Comment