Friday 13 January 2012

The Downhill Masterplan rolls on!

Sooooo....... this is what im doing with regards to the whole going down a hill on a skateboard thaaang

Project ROBOCOP! Body Armour instead of trying to find some leathers that fit. Why?

1.) my leathers dont fit, and never will.
2.) I cant be arsed to go through the whole Ebay leathers quest only to find some leathers that fit alright but are still a bit shit to skate in
3.) I cant afford even the cheapest custom leathers
4.) After some pretty damn good consultation with various sources (thanks to Mr Rich Auden and Grant from inline UK), I can kit myself out with armour that will protect me to a greater degree than a leather suit. Body armour has impact resistance, leather does not. Body armour will allow me to move freely and avoid the crash in the first place. Body armour will be more comfortable than leathers. Wearing the right stuff under it will level its abrasion resistance to almost as good as leathers.

Yes, I cant race in it under IGSA rules. But I value comfort, proper protection and the ability to move properly above that.

So I am not racing at Crash and Burn. This isnt just to do with the rules on leathers either. I will however be there on freeride day to go a bit foookin fast and have a blast!

Video funtimes

Been having fun as of late making edits and being able to share them with companies whose gear we skate. Can you show Nike what you are doing with their trainers? nope.... But I can show cult, sabre, SMB bearings e.t.c that people are enjoying skating their gear. As well as showing what everybody is doing.

Fast shenanigans

Last skate I went the fastest i've ever been on a skateboard. Second proper skate on my new Carbon Belly Racer topmount speedboard. Going from a massive wheelbase drop through to a short wheelbase topmount has been great. The slide on a topmount is lovely. Just need to get to grips with how it feels to ride. Wobbles every fast run at the weekend. FUN AS HELL but puts me off tucking. So the way to deal with that? Give the back truck a bit of a crank and then give it a go!

So three good pushes from halfway up Bopeep is my limit at the moment... working up to a full run from the top, with no unneccesary slides. How soon? Maybe a few months.

Coming very very soon.

Things are beginning to take off...

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment