Wednesday 9 May 2012

Minor downhill lid rant

At the moment im struggling to get motivated to do anything. Eventually I will find a job, money and purpose but for now when im not skating or at college I dont do much.

But anyway, here is tonights blog post, on the subject of downhilling lids. It is, quite simply, a message.

Dont wear a fucking stupid helmet for DOWNHILL SKATEBOARDING.

I'll repeat that in bold

Dont wear a fucking stupid helmet for DOWNHILL SKATEBOARDING.

When you buy a fullface hemet for going fast, your main priority should ALWAYS be "is this going to keep me safe".

Now some will say its their choice to wear what they like. To these people I say- those around who get to see you mash your head into the ground dont get a choice. I dont want to witness somebody getting screwed up, because I dont imagine it will be too nice.

To those skaters who choose to wear a lid based on aero over safety- man up, if you want to go faster work on your skating ability. You can make more gains by working on your tuck, footbrake, predrift, push, gear and endless other things.

You cant account for everything. Theres always going to be risk. But if you choose not to minimise that risk, you are being a selfish moron.

Going fast? Wear a proper fullface.

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment